Inspiration has hit me again. I love feeling inspired. It always gets my gears turning and smoke coming out of my ears. It makes my heart beat and at the very least, get me off the couch. I’ve always have made to-do lists at least once a year but have kept them in my journal. In the past couple years, I’ve narrowed down to five, but it was a really big five. Five things to do that required many little things to accomplish those 5 major things. They had to be done in five years and the interesting thing is that I’m half way through all of them, like buying a car. My husband and I have managed to save plenty of money to buy a new car and within a couple more weeks it will be sitting in our garage. I have to say it makes me feel pretty good knowing that my husband and I have worked very hard in the past few years to even get to this point and paying for a vehicle in cash deserves a big pat on the back for that one….but not yet because the car isn’t quite here. Back in the end of 2001 the 5th thing on my list was to become a photographer. Well what do you know? That’s a big check off the list. Number 26 was to get a dog. Well, I can put a check and another check because I have two canine buddies in my household.
It’s nice to keep to-do lists because it’s a reminder of even the little things you accomplish. One of my favorite things to ask people is to list at least 5 things that they have accomplished in the past 10 years. With that being said getting married and having children are not included. However, if you have at least stayed married passed 5 years then it can count. I will share with you my five things. I finished college…twice. I bought a house. I have participated in 2 triathlons. I started a business. I’ve paid off an XXXX amount of dollars in debt. I can easily say I am proud of myself.
Recently, I stumbled across my girlfriend’s blog where she listed 200 things she wanted to do in her life and it had my heart pumping again. She had so many things that I wanted to do and some things I had already done, such as, Go skinny dipping. Ha!! I might as well be an ambassador for that one. And then this evening, I was watching my wonderful Oprah, and she had 4 boys from the show called The Buried Life. Apparently the show was based on a list of the things these 20 something year old boys wanted to do and they did it. Along the way they help strangers accomplish at least one thing they wanted to do during their life time. It was such a beautiful and profound way of paying it forward and I’m inspired by those kinds of things.
So here it goes. I’m making my list of all of the ridiculous and non-ridiculous things I am going to do. I AM GOING TO DO! (And I’m doing 201 and so I have a longer list than my girlfriend’s list of 200.)
1. At the end of
2010 2011, have my student loan paid off.
2. Go to church at least twice a month.
3. Back pack the Philippines.
4. Pay for a vehicle in cash. 4-16-10
5. Ride my bike through the White Pine trail tour, which is two days long.
6. Swim in open water for 2 miles.
7. Go scuba diving.
8. Attend a Buddhist Temple.
9. Attend a Muslim Temple.
10. Attend a Jewish Temple.
11. Speak fluent French.
12. Volunteer with inner city children or under privileged children.
13. Volunteer in a Deaf/Hard of Hearing Community Center.
14. Participate in a hip-hop dance battle.
15. Swing dance.
16. Have my work up in a gallery.
17. Travel to 10 different foreign countries in 10 years.
18. Have my work published.
19. Rock climb the Grand Canyon.
20. Camp in the Grand Canyon.
21. Go on a girlfriend getaway on an Alaskan cruise.
22. Renew my wedding vows in Hawaii.
23. Go to a legit Fairy Forest Park in Maine.
24. Go snow shoeing.
25. Try cross-country skiing.
26. Visit the country of Japan.
27. Island hop to 30 islands around the world.
28. Try out exotic dancing on amateur night.
29. Go to a topless/nude beach.
30. Ride a burro.
31. Protest for dolphin rights/safety.
32. Backpack Europe.
33. Go deep-sea fishing.
34. Shoot a gun.
35. Feed homeless people while I’m hungover.
36. Work on a farm.
37. Work at Pier 1. (Love that store)
38. Eliminate eating any foods containing refined corn product.
39. Participate in a figure or bikini competition.
40. Adopt a child in the Philippines.
41. Help an under privileged child finish school and go to college.
42. Go to Annapolis.
43. Educate foreign families to end sex trafficking.
44. Help small businesses flourish.
Repaint my computer room. 10-26-10
Attend a second level of anasara yoga. 1-3-11
47. Photograph a live UFC event
48. Be a guest on the Oprah show for something good.
49. Go to a college frat party and do a keg stand.
50. Have my mortgage paid off by the time I’m 40.
51. Photograph a wedding in New York City. 6-1-10
52. Revamp my blog.
Get organized around the house…. Starting the computer room. 11-3-10
54. Get a new computer. 9-13-10
55. Finish the P90x program.
56. Do 50 pull-ups.
57. Do 100 push-ups.
58. Run a 7-minute mile.
59. Participate in the 5/3 River Bank run.
60. Own water front property.
61. Take my husband to Vegas.
62. Grow a vegetable garden.
63. Kiss my husband every day for a full month.
64. Hug at least one person every day that is not my husband for a full month.
65. Put a garden around my mailbox. 4-10-10
66. Finish reading 5 books by the end of 2010. 6-3-10
67. Become a viral video that is of either good nature or extremely funny. Preferably extremely funny.
68. Touch Leonardo DiCaprio.
69. Kiss Hugh Jackman…on the mouth )
70. Frame my painting that Cut gave me.
71. Teach photography at a college level.
72. Tour the Upper Peninsula.
73. Write to Ventron.
74. Send my uncle a calendar.
75. Meet Howard Schatz.
76. Photograph meals I make for a week.
77. Take boxing classes.
78. Learn to properly sew.
79. Write a random letter/card to people I know once a month.
80. Organize both desks.
81. Spend only time after 5pm each evening on the Internet.
82. Ride a motorcycle.
83. Go to the Ben and Jerry’s Creamery in Vermont.
84. Go polar bear swimming.
85. Eat steal cut oats for breakfast. 4-12-10
86. Do a colon cleanse.
87. Try surfing.
88. Go inside a Hedonism resort.
89. Visit my girlfriend in Boston. 5-31-10
90. Learn to make Cuban meatballs
91. Touch up my tattoo.
92. Go on a trip with my cousins.
93. Update all my software.
94. Go on dates by myself.
95. Redecorate my shelves in the living room. 9-17-10
96. Attend an Indian wedding.
97. Become vegetarian for one month.
98. Get a Brazilian wax.
99. Climb the tree in my front yard.
100. Every place I visit watch the sun come up.
101. Get to know my clients more.
102. Shoot commercially.
103. Photograph using film once a year.
104. Pray more.
105. Beat Jay in a weight loss competition.
106. Be in bed by 1opm every night for 3 months.
107. Get a brand new printer. 9-3-10
108. Recycle my magazines. 7-26-10
109. Read the Twilight series.
110. Read the Harry Potter series.
111. Rescue an adult dog in a real rescue situation. a.k.a. owners who have neglected the animal
112. Put up new window treatments in my bedroom. 8-6-10
113. Send a box of chocolates to a dentist.
114. Make homemade vegetable juice. 5-14-10
115. Enter in ArtPrize.
116. Eventually return my friend’s plastic camera.
117. Shop at the Mall of America.
118. Fix my mother’s dollhouse.
119. Take the dogs to the Dog Park. 4-26-10
120. Have pictures done with my girls.
121. Run the naked mile.
122. Meet a Victoria’s Secret model.
123. Ride a helicopter.
124. Sing for deaf people.
125. Drink strawberry wine in Chile with Carolina.
126. Eat food in Cuba with Brenda.
127. Photograph a wedding in Puerto Rico.
128. Read the Bible from cover to cover.
129. Compete in a rap battle.
130. Meet Kimbo Slice.
131. Do a back flip.
132. Successfully rescue a wild animal.
133. Have my DNA tested.
134. Sing in the Swiss Alps.
135. Plant an Asian garden.
136. Plant a water garden.
137. Send Jenn C. some candy. 8-12-10
138. Make my uncle a dinner.
139. Have a formal dinner party with my closest friends using dinner china and all.
140. Get one more tattoo.
141. Have dinner with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
142. Re-do my final project.
143. Accomplish 90% of this list.
144. Buy a new home in cash.
145. Own a pair of Baby Phat shoes.
146. Own a medium-format digital camera.
147. Visit the outback of Australia.
148. Volunteer at a hospital in Africa.
149. Wear my gardening hat when I garden.
150. Play all X-Box Splinter Cell games.
151. Finish Mini Ninja.
152. Put up canvas pictures of my dogs.
153. Would like to try Hang Gliding.
154. Make a wedding cake.
155. Learn how to make sushi.
156. Put a huge slip in slide in my yard.
157. Dress up in old golfing attire and go golfing.
158. Would like to attend a huge water balloon fight.
159. Get in a food fight.
160. Trash my wedding dress.
161. Go to a spa resort for a week.
162. Watch a Lord of the Rings marathon in one day.
163. Go to an independent film festival.
164. See the Northern lights.
165. Learn how to work on cars.
166. Have the ends of my hair dipped in orange.
167. Dress up in 50′s clothes and go grocery shopping.
168. I want to wear matching t-shirts with my husband that say “I’m with Stupid” and have the arrows point at each other.
169. Eat crab legs in Boston with Toni. 5-28-10
170. Learn to do one trick on a skateboard.
171. Have sex on a beach.
172. Have my ducts cleaned in my house.
173. Make an outdoor living room.
174. Meet a professional prostitute.
175. See Jack Johnson in concert.
176. Be in a real Hollywood movie.
177. Act in a local play production.
178. Build a tree house… a cool tree house.
179. Plant over-sized sunflowers on the side of my house.
180. Do a pub-crawl with a bike in Ireland.
181. Learn how to Hula dance.
182. Learn to be a Ninja.
183. Build my own hot lights.
184. Try water skiing with one ski.
185. Own a motorcycle.
186. Buy a brand new truck with cash.
187. Build a X-mas light sign that says “We House Foreigners.”
188. Make wine in Italy.
Buy a bigger juicer. 3-10-11
190. Plant a fairy garden.
191. Go on a family trip with my dogs.
192. Go fishing with my uncle one more time.
193. Write a letter to Chapel Hill cemetery.
194. Zip line in Costa Rica.
195. Build a raft made of plastic milk jugs.
196. Go White water rafting.
197. Learn a new craft.
Renew my contacts. 3-28-11
199. Write a poem once a month.
200. Try tantric yoga.
201. Have my work on a cover of at least 5 magazines.
P.S. Today’s my mother’s birthday so I will celebrate by doing household chores and gardening.
202. Compete in an Ironman
203. Photograph underwater 7-31-10
204. Accomplish at least 10 things off my list per year.
205. Pledge for the Pound for Pound challenge.
206. Set up a workout regimen and complete it.
207. Donate blood.
208. Become a successful Before and After.
209. Run a full marathon.
210. Visit the seven wonders of the world.
211. Try on a real wedding dress.
212. Save a person’s life.
213. Go to a nudist colony and camp there.
214. Sing “Upgrade U” at a wedding.
215. Quit my day job!
216. Do 10 handstand push-ups.
217. Sell my art at Art Festival
218. Do a juicing video with Sam V. 5-14-10
219. Go to a Pistons Game.
220. Go to a Major League baseball game.
221. Write a will.
222. Speak fluent Tagalog.
223. Plan my funeral.
224. Take life-guarding classes.
225. Send a friend flowers each month.
226. Become Chelsea Handler’s new best friend.
Find possible living relatives. 2-4-11
228. Ride the Iowa Ragbri.
229. Beat Heather Monroe-Malkin at this list.
230. Eat at the 1913 Room.
231. Heather M-M licking my butthole.
232. Build an igloo.
234. Be a speaker at a photography workshop.
235. Become a Big Sister.
236. Eat at Charley’s Crab. 10-6-10
237. Read all of Robert Ludlum’s novels.
238. Plan a wedding event.
239. Stand on top of a bridge.
240. Attend a photo workshop.
241. Attend one of Jesh’s workshops.
242. Eat a morel mushroom.
243. Rap a song on one of Cut’s original beats. 5-30-10
244. Swim with dolphins.
245. Dance in the rain with someone I love.
246. Go to an NFL game.
247. Read Immigrants and Citizenship: Process and Policy text book.
248. Read a book once a month…audio books count.
249. Learn how to book bind.
250. Renovate my backyard.
251. Read to the elderly.
252. Work with Special needs kids.
253. Have family over for dinner once a month.